Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Merry Christmas


Wes' Last Minute Gift Ideas for Hopeless Nerds - Ft. Watch Wife Work
Watch Wes Work

Don't know if I need any tools, but I enjoy listening to Wes and I like tools so it's double good. 

I'm pretty much fully recovered from the hip surgery I had this summer though I am still learning how to walk. My hip joint deteriorated slowly over a couple of years, so the part of my mind that controls walking was slowly able to adapt to the problem. But then I had the surgery and now everything is suddenly better, but my mind is still adjusting. One thing I noticed is that I don't seem to be able to walk a straight line, I kind of weave a little. Of course now I'm wondering if I ever did walk in a straight line, and now I'm wondering about people in general. Somebody should investigate.

Anyway, since I am now mobile I can pick some tools and start fixing things around the house. But while my hip was deteriorating, I gave a bunch of tools over to Osmany's care. I talked to him about this and he brought (four) five-gallon buckets full of tools over and dropped them off. It's like 200 pounds of stuff. I have not even begun to sort it out.

Beside tools, Wes also mentions some books, which prompts me to wonder how many books I read this year. It seems to me I only read one book this year, A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge. Checking over this blog, it appears that I read about half a dozen books. I suspect the Vinge story seems like the only one because it  took me about four months. I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago. I mostly read it when I was waiting for someone, but that was okay because it's a complicated story. Each little bit that I read contained enough ideas and concepts to mull over that it would keep me occupied for a while. I did read maybe half a dozen other books this year. On my daughter's recommendation I have started reading Babel by R. F. Kuang. It looks promising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walking straight is overrated, snipers love it.
xoxoxoBruce