Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Chair

La-Z-Boy Manager's Chair

My wife wanted a new chair for home office since I stole her last one, so went to Costco and picked up this luxo model. $200, but it's a La-Z-Boy

My old office chair

The last office chair I had I bought from Amazon for a like a hunnerd bucks and it lasted a year before it started falling apart. The support piston lost its gas and then the foam in the armrest collapsed, hence the towel and bungee cord. When the remodeling project started this summer, her home office disappeared so I replaced my chair with her old one.

Death of a Chair

We'd been home for a couple of hours and I was sitting in my chair happily sorting old screws when the leg on my old office chair gave out and dumped me on the floor. Can't really complain though, the chair is like 25 years old. I think we got it at Office Depot.  Looks like we need another chair.

DPS Centurion Gaming Chair

So back to Costco we go and we pick up a gaming chair for me. The La-Z-Boy chair has folding armrests which is nice if you need to be close to your desk, but they don't fold all the way back, though I don't know if that is a real issue or if it just looks funny. The DPS Chair doesn't have folding armrests, but when I sit in it, the armrests are low enough that they will go under my work table.


No comments: