Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Dresser

Ikea Dresser Back in Business

One corner of an old Ikea dresser broke during a move. Remodeling project is 99.99% done so there is room to move around in the garage, so I set to work fixing it.

Ikea Dresser Repair

It wasn't too tough, one of the little studs that Ikea likes to use got pulled out of a side panel and a brace across the back got broken. The dresser is made out of particle board, so it's just strong enough to do its job as long as no one asks it to do anything more. You don't want to use it to store engine parts and you don't want it to be in the same room as a rowdy drunk. Anyway, there wasn't any damage to the outside surfaces. I made the repair with a couple of pieces of scrap wood, some drywall screws, some wood glue and one big screw to fasten the back brace to the scrap piece I sistered onto the side panel.

I have been saving screws that show up on my doorstep, but most of them are too short to be useful for anything I want to do. I find drywall screws are very handy for most of my scrap wood projects. I know they aren't the best, but for where I use them they are perfectly adequate.

2 comments:

Chris said...

My father would be proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I scrapped a 43 inch plasma TV that died, but saved 131 screws from it I'll never use. LoL
xoxoxoBruce