Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Terry Branstad

 

Xi Jinping & Iowa Governor Terry Branstad, Iowa, 1985

Terry Branstad has resigned as the American Ambassador to China. I noticed this as it's kind of a big deal as international relations go, but also because Terry was the Governor of Iowa, my wife's home state.

The internet was full of news when his resignation was announced, but those stories didn't tell me much, so I asked Google to keep me informed. This morning I get a link to a story in the Des Moines Register.

Seems that way back in 1985 Xi Jinping, the current President of Communist China, paid a visit to Iowa where he met Governor Branstad. They maintained contact and this was no doubt a factor in Branstad becoming our Ambassador to China.

A couple of weeks ago Branstad wrote an opinion piece and asked the People's Daily to publish it. It's a straight forward piece that explains just what our problem with China is. The People's Daily refused to publish it and shortly thereafter Branstad resigned.


No comments: