Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Nvidia Buys ARM

 

Joined the Thursday lunch bunch today for via Zoom and it was like I had never left. I quit going a while back because going out to lunch more than once a week was more than I could handle. But now because of COVID-19 they are getting together via Zoom and I must say it works pretty well. I drug my Chromebook over to the new house, plugged in my cell phone modem, open the email invitation, clicked on the link, and poof, just like magic, there I am.

Marc tells us Nvidia (his employer & famed graphics card manufacturer) has made an offer of a gazillion dollars to buy ARM. Nvidia has expanded considerably beyond their graphics card roots, among other things they are now building servers. Looking at the stock market values, Nvidia might be bigger than Intel, they might soon be bigger than Apple which is hard to imagine.


No comments: