Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Trump

I've sort of been wondering who this Trump character is. People make a lot of noise about him, telling me he's terrible or great, but I haven't really gotten a sense of who he is until I read this piece by Tom Luongo on GOLD GOATS 'N GUNS. I am not sure I agree with or even completely understand everything Tom talks about in his article, but a couple of things stand out:

Trump understands just how big the problem he’s taking on is. He lacks any sense of tact or diplomacy, understanding only blackmail, extortion and the Big Ask as negotiating tools.

. . . 

Trump has embroiled himself in a chaotic mess of interlinked skirmishes with all the major players of the world.

He likes to operate in chaos because that’s how you keep your opponent off-balance, leaving them vulnerable to a mistake, while he keeps his eye on the thing he’s wanted all along. 

And in this case it is to restore the U.S.’s sovereignty from the hands of people who are dead-set on destroying it. And he wants this in the worst way imaginable and, unfortunately, that’s usually exactly how he goes about it.

Trump knows what he wants and he's going after it, bulling and cajoling his way along, (and I imagine throwing temper tantrums or sulking) as suits his purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a great many more powerful people running around loose in the world than there were 60 years ago when Eisenhower was President, and they are all scheming to advance their position or at least to protect their turf, and I think you would have to have been party to a number of big business deals to feel the effects of these forces and  really understand their impact on your world.

Sitting in my cave at the end of a wire, I only get a glimpse of what's going on in the world and I kind of like it that way. Keep all your belligerence away from my door. Best of luck to all those lucky men venturing out to compete against their rivals.

1 comment:

Justin_O_Guy said...

How many times have I seen a president fail to do what needs done, all the while pretending that adherence to the perceived "proper ways" of behaving , always being ever so diplomatic and tactful were more important than accomplishing what America needs? AS for bullying,, I remember the moment, sadly not who said it, but as the vote for Nafta was oming closer I saw someone on TV tell us
"Yes, we know Nafta is unpopular. We know the american people dont want it, BUt we are gonna pass it. Youll thank us later." I watched that in a state of shock.. Usually when they passed a law back then they acted as if they had no idea what the People wanted.. and then, after they took some abuse for it, went right back to DC and didnt UNDO what they did..
I'll Take this bullying, blackmailing President and gratefully call him mine.