Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Boss Hoss - Don't Gimme That

 

The BossHoss - Don't Gimme That

All my regular sources of information are all clogged up with the looming election and I've had enough, so I go looking for another source. I dial up Vimeo and somehow I end up on my account there (that I don't remember having) and I find I have a handful of videos. Most are nothing special, but what's this? The Boss Hoss - Don't Gimme That, the video I had lost all hope of ever tracking down and here I've had a copy of it in my back pocket all along. If that don't beat all.


It starts (and ends) with a shot of the Continental Club, which is located on South Congress Avenue, on the South side of the river in Austin, Texas. That's the other side of the river from all the "important" stuff like the Capitol and UT (University of Texas). I know this because I used to frequent the joint 30 years ago. It was a dive back then, and it doesn't look like it has changed. One corner of the ceiling was falling in, and the carpet used to be some color other than black, but you couldn't tell what it was. If you wanted tunes it was the place to go. However, you wouldn't hear either of the kinds of music that are supposedly indigenous to Texas, Country or Western. I really, really, like this band.

P.S. The Mariachis are a nice touch.

No comments: