Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 28, 2020

Inflation

 
Inflation
Chuck Pergiel

This is just an experiment to see how well all the pieces work together. I recorded this video using my phone. It was automatically uploaded to Google Photos almost immediately (I'll have to check), now I am downloading it to my computer prior to uploading to YouTube. Once that is all complete I can embed it at the top of the post using the HTML editor, still available, just hidden under the pencil icon in the toolbar at the extreme left end, right next to the frame of the video screen.

The video was recorded at 5:52, Google Photos shows 5:54 and right now it is 6:32. It took a couple of minutes to upload, but most of that time was me drinking beer and reading.

While uploading the video to YouTube, it asks whether this is a Premiere, which piqued my curiosity. Google elaborates:
YouTube Premieres lets you and your viewers watch and experience a new video together. It's like a movie or TV show premiere. Premiering your video lets you schedule a video upload and create buzz around the video with a shareable watch page. Note: Premieres can only be created using a computer, but viewers can watch the premiere on any platform like computer, iOS, Android, and mWeb.

That sounds kind of cool. I can see uploading a video you had been working on and then asked your friends to get together and talk about it virtually. I'm not going to do that here, for one, this video didn't take any more work than making a phone call and while phone calls can be arduous, especially if you are having to deal with some bullshit that you should't have to deal with, you don't get any credit for making it. Only results count. 

For another I can already see how it needs improvement. I need to read it through a couple more times until I am sure of what I want to say when I see a word. Why am I, at age 69, still of two minds about how to pronounce 'Stephen'? Is it 'Steeven' or Stefen'? And why does this confusion exist?

On a remotely related note, Matt's Off Road Recovery got a Silver Play Button for reaching 100,000 subscribers. I've watched a bunch of his videos. Most of them are nothing special, he drives his Jeep Cherokee out into the sand dunes in Southern Utah and gets stuck cars unstuck. Occasionally the operation will be more complicated. I can't say as to why I like them, but they are my go-to channel for mindless entertainment.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what one of us old codgers looks like?!