Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Debt Crisis

When the stock market took a dive yesterday I had a sudden flash of insight: this whole game is rigged. There are some guys in a room somewhere plotting how to take over the world. Actually, they are just scheming on how to make a whole lot of money. The way to do that is to convert your assets to cash and then get the stock market to take a dive. When prices hit the floor, you buy back in. Everybody who bailed out on the crash loses, and you, being the wily schemer behind the scenes, make out like a bandit. Who are these guys? I have some suspects, like the the Koch brothers and Rupert, or even Slim, but it is more likely people we have never heard of.

I wonder what happened today. Well, no, not really. It was either bad, which I don't want to know about, or it was good, which would make me feel better temporarily, but which would only make me feel worse the next time it falls in a hole.



2 comments:

Tam said...

Why is it always the Koch brothers, when Soros could buy them out of pocket change and actually has tanked economies for fun and profit before?

I mean, even Krugman calls people who do this "Soroi"...

Chuck Pergiel said...

Because the Koch brothers are this week's whipping boys. I expect that next week someone else will be new whipping boy.