Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quote of the Day

Addictions, he thought, turning right, toward Seven Dials’ name-sake obelisk, started out like magical pets, pocket monsters. They did extraordinary tricks, showed you things you hadn't seen, were fun. But came, through some gradual dire alchemy, to make decisions for you. Eventually, they were making your most crucial life-decisions. And they were, his therapist in Basel had said, less intelligent than goldfish.
Zero History by William Gibson, Chapter 10. Addiction is a very strange thing.

Via Google Books, the Print Screen key, MSPaint & finally Free online OCR, though I did have to skim the actual book to locate the passage.


2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

My all-time favorite author. I have six copies of "Neuromancer", because I was convinced if it went out of print I'd never find another.
I'm waiting for "Zero History" to hit paperback, when I can afford it.
Thank you for the peek.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I picked up the large format paperback at Costco last week for $9.50.