Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's in a name?

Dustbury led me to Nancy's Baby Names, a most unusual blog. I'm reading along, and one post prompts me to comment, and since I was so eloquent, I decided to repost it here for your amusement.

Somewhere around middle school I started calling myself Chuck instead of Charles or Charlie. The school I was attending required us to start every class period by writing our name and date at the top of new sheet of paper. I considered this to be administrative horse shit, so if I have to do it, I can at least use a name with fewer letters, so I started using Chuck, which has two fewer letters than Charles. Figure 180 days times 7 periods times 3 years adds up  to a saving  7560 letters. Letters are not going extinct because of me!

No comments: