Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 23, 2011

New Bookstore in Town

Things are in flux in downtown Hillsboro. The coffee shop / antique shop that was on the corner of 2nd and Main has closed up and moved out. A second shoe repair store (!) has opened up next door, and the bookstore next to that has been replaced by another bookstore. I stopped in there yesterday. I thought they had been there a month or two, but the woman at the cash register said they had been there a year. I was shocked. Probably because I am getting old. Whether I like it or not. In any case, the new business seems to have a more, I dunno, with-it? inventory. Seems like they had more stuff that I might be interested in and less useless old stuff that I wouldn't. Found two used science fiction novels and got the pair of them out the door for six and a half bucks. Much better than Powell's. Oops. Am I speaking out of turn? I don't care, Powell's hasn't sent me any money, even though it's been a week and a half since I posted their little search box.

The new bookstore is called Jacobsen's Books, and they have a url, but there isn't anything there yet. However, they are hooked into a book buying website, and that one it working.

Meanwhile, a couple of blocks away, down at Hank's Thriftway grocery, the pharmacy is closing up shop. Walgreens has built a new store a couple of blocks farther East, and they bought Hank's customer list. Isn't that nice? All the pharmacy employees, except the pharmacist, are out of luck.

No comments: