Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 30, 2011

Enter The BIOS, Part 3 and a 1/2

As I said, we watched "The Good Wife" over the net yesterday evening. We got it straight from CBS, not from one of those pirate sites. There were a few ads, but not nearly as many as you get with broadcast TV. However, the volume on the ads was astonishingly loud. Fortunately I was able to find the mute button (on the remote control, no, not that one, the other remote control. There, down at the bottom right corner). The video quality of the ads was substantially below that of the show, and even the different ads were of different quality.

At the end of the show they offer an opportunity to take a brief survey. Cool, I can tell them what I think. So I point and click and go to the next page. I do this for a couple of minutes, I am several pages into this thing, and I notice the little progress indicator at the top: I am 10% done. A brief little survey?!?! I don't think so. Either I imagined seeing the word brief (entirely possible) or they are big fat liars (also entirely possible). Smoke that, CBS.

Then there's the show. We've been watching it for a while now, a couple of years maybe, and it's been pretty good. [Warning: this may get a little gossipy] At the end of last season we found out that Kalinda (the really hot, female, very secretive private investigator at the law firm where Alicia (the star) works) had a one night stand with Peter Florick (Florik? Alicia's soon-to-be-ex-husband) some time ago, and Alicia goes ballistic (internally). I thought this was a little over the top. Here she has a friend (Kalinda), and she is on the outs with Peter, and she finds out about this ancient history, and she cuts her friend? What do I know? I am a man and a real person, and Alicia is a woman and a fictional character.

The main plot line was considerably more substantial being as it was about Jews and Muslims and murder and arrests and the machinations of lawyers working in the justice system. And politics. Don't forget the politics. Eli Gold is just (how do I say it?) pure gold.

No comments: