Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quote of the Day

Rumsfeld Sorry for ‘Axis of Weasels’ Remark

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

(2003-01-22) — U.S. Secretary Defense Donald Rumsfeld apologized today for referring to France and Germany as an “Axis of Weasels.”

“I’m sorry about that Axis of Weasels remark,” said Mr. Rumsfeld. “I didn’t mean to dredge up the history France and Germany share of pathetic compliance with ruthless dictators.”

The Defense Secretary said he was “way out of bounds” with the comments.

“I should have known better than to remind people that these two nations–which live in freedom thanks only to the righteous might of America, Britain and their allies–that these nations are morally and politically bankrupt, and have failed to learn the lessons of history,” he said. “It really was an inappropriate thing to say–you know, the Axis of Weasels thing. I really should not have called them the Axis of Weasels. I think it’s the ‘Weasels’ part that was most offensive…you know, when I said that France and Germany form an Axis of Weasels. Of course, I’m so sorry.”
I know this is old news, or rather not-news, but I just love it. With a name like Scrappleface, you know it's not true, and Snopes verifies it's falsisity. Which is really too bad. If Rumsfeld, shoot, if anyone in the administration had said it , I would be over the moon.

P.S. Scrappleface sees to be on hiatus. Last post was a year ago.
Update April 2017 Scrappleface is back in business.

No comments: