Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell, Part 2

I thought I would give this book another go, after all I paid real cash money for it, I should see if I can't get my money's worth out of it. I got about two pages farther and I put it down in disgust when I read this:
"I'm trying to do what's best for all involved."
Bullshit. I every time I hear that phrase I know someone is lying. I wonder how I developed that reaction. Movies, or real life? In any case, it put me off. I know it's just a story, and the characters and what they say are part of the story. I just don't want to spend any more time on these dunderheads.

I know the phrase sounds reasonable, but I find that whoever is saying it generally has some particular agenda they are trying to push that is probably not in the best interests of everyone involved. It sounds reasonable, but what they are actually asking for is not reasonable, and this deception is what makes me so angry.

P.S. "He/she's not a team player." is another phrase that elicits a similar response from me.

No comments: