Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

German Engineering Insanity


3D Printed Pistons Are Changing the Game
Donut Media

I don't like Porsche cars. I don't know why. Most of the world seems to love them. Near as I can tell it's the snob appeal, though why it only seems to apply to Porsche I can't tell you. Whatever, the engineers are obviously very good.

3-D printing has been around for a while and has been getting better and better. This might be the first (or second) time I've come across 3-D printed metal parts that were actually used in a high stress application.

Right now this is a cute trick to make fancy parts for fancy cars, but is it ever going to be a real thing with mass applications? A while back I would have said no, but then I found out about Invisalign braces.

No comments: