Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 22, 2021

Tellurium


Tellurium - THE MOST INSIDIOUS ELEMENT ON EARTH!
Thoisoi2 - Chemical Experiments!

Not sure why I like these chemical videos. The speaker's accent is a little thick and his English is not perfect. And what do I care about Tellurium? I have gotten by perfectly well up till now without knowing anymore than its name. Could it be that this video is densely packed with information, i.e. the signal to noise ratio is high? Could it be that I am becoming more robot like? i.e. I don't care about the actual value of the data as long as it is densely packed and that tickles my internal receiver so it doesn't have to work so hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Personal foibles aside, Tellurium is certainly a strange duck. One thing that bothers me is the differences between elements that are adjacent in the periodic table. With all the organization that the periodic table brings, you'd think adjacent elements would share similar characteristics and might only differ in some subtle way, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Every one of the elements seems to have properties that are wildly divergent. It's just kind of weird.


No comments: