Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 15, 2021

Shark Bite Pipe Fitting Silicon Tape Wrapping


Shark Bite Pipe Fitting Silicon Tape Wrapping
Chuck Pergiel

Almost a year ago this brass pipe fitting failed. We replaced it, but I wondered why it had failed. Corrosion was the answer. Brass is apparently immune to plain water, but evidently there is acid in the soil, so underground brass fittings need to be protected. Shark Bite provided me with a free roll of the silicon tape which we finally got around to applying when freezing weather appeared imminent.

The silicon tape (I think it's silicon) doesn't have any adhesive, it just sticks to itself.

The video ends abruptly because I was kneeling on some concrete blocks and my knees started to hurt. 

Because my Smart Phone camera is set to high resolution, the above video is uses almost 500 megabytes of storage, 3% of Google's free allotment.


No comments: