Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 1, 2021

Blu Ray

LG BP175 Blu-Ray DVD Player

This must be the month for electronic gizmos. Older son has been amassing a collection of movies on Blu-ray disks. While Netflix and other streaming services offer a wide variety of movies, there are some very good movies that are only available on disks. I have a DVD player, but a simple DVD player won't play Blu-ray disks, so I bit the bullet and ordered the above LG player from Amazon.

Hooking it up wasn't too bad. I t was made easier by the fact that my wife had cleaned out the bottom shelf of the console so I was able to relocate the power strip from the tangled snarl of cables underneath the cabinet onto this shelf.

Remote Controls. Clockwise from upper left:
Cable box, Roku, TV, DVD player, Blu-ray player.
The silver one in the center is for the HDMI switch.

Now I'm trying to sort out all these gizmos so I get out the remote controls. Criminently, there are a bunch of them.

And that's how we were able to watch Tenet last night.

No comments: