Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 26, 2022

DDoS-GUARD

DDoS-GUARD

I'm cruising through Feedly and a post from RT (formerly Russia Today, undoubtedly Putin's mouthpiece) about the World Economic Forum appears. Sometimes the whole post doesn't show up on Feedly, so I follow a link to the RT website, something I have done zillions of times in the past, but this time I get a DDoS-GUARD page (above image). It says it has 'registered suspicious traffic coming from your network.' Suspicious traffic from my network? Right, it's suspicious because I tried to access RT. I dutifully click the 'I am human' checkbox, but all that happens is I get a pulsing beige dot.

Is RT trying to protect themselves from a DDoS attack? A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is a malicious attempt to disrupt the normal traffic of a targeted server, service or network by overwhelming the target or its surrounding infrastructure with a flood of Internet traffic. Is there such an attack going on right now? Or is someone throwing up roadblocks and using this warning page to disguise their action?


No comments: