Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, February 25, 2022

I Fight Evil

I Fight Evil Forces - Francis Alexander

Hertz, the car rental company has a couple of problems. First problem: "The company filed for bankruptcy on May 22, 2020, citing a sharp decline in revenue and future bookings caused by the COVID-19 pandemic." - Wikipedia. They seem to be getting along okay now.

The other problem is a couple hundred customers are suing them for false arrest, saying that Hertz claimed they had stolen their rental car when they had in fact paid for it.

I went looking for information about this lawsuit but I didn't find much except the name of the lawyer who is handling the case - Francis Alexander, which is where I got the cool image at the top.

This wouldn't have bothered me much, I mean no more than any other story of people getting screwed by giant, incompetent organizations, except I was just talking to IAman the other day about car rental companies and how I had tried all the others, found them to be garbage and finally settled on Hertz because the business of renting a car from them was so smooth. The last time I tried to save a couple of bucks on a rental car the counter man made me listen to a 15 minute spiel about all kinds of bullshit I wasn't interested in before he would finally give me the keys and let me go.

These days I only rent a car when mine is laid up in the shop for a few days, and then I rent from Enterprise because they have lots of little local offices.

Via Knuckledraggin My Life Away



1 comment:

KurtP said...

I'm buying a third vehicle tomorrow because of the experience I had from Enterprise.
We live a good 10 miles from town and a (small) third truck would help greatly- especially with 0bidens fuel prices.

I had a branch shed from a Post Oak that landed on the roof of my Silverado about five years ago.
I was told by the insurance to drop it off at the repair shop and Enterprise would pick us up. We waited there for over three hours before they bothered to show up.
Then hit hassles while trying to get me a vehicle.
When I went to return it (they told me I could leave it at the body shop when they picked us up)I had to drive to their lot and get involved in more hassles to return the thing and get a rid BACK to the body shop.

I'll never use Enterprise again.