Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Na Na Na Na Songs


Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper (Remix) (Video)
IniKamozeVEVO

Na na na na must be the most used song lyrics in the entire universe. My daughter played this song (Here Comes The Hotstepper) for me the other day, telling me she remembers me playing it in the morning when I was fixing breakfast for the kids 20 odd years ago. I suppose that's possible, the song came out in 1995. However, I don't remember it.  But but there's a lot of stuff I don't remember from back then, so it's possible. The Na na ni na chorus does have a familiar beat to it.

I went looking for other other Na na na na songs and there seems to be an endless supply of them. I found a couple of lists and several on reddit. I took them all and put them in a YouTube playlist. I had not heard of most of these songs, and most of them rate a zero or even a negative number on my personal appreciation scale. There were a few songs that I recognized and liked. I put them at the top of the list. Of the songs I liked and recognized, none struck me as being Na na na na songs, there are other lyrics that are more memorable or even defining.

This is only tune I liked that I recognized as being a Na na na na song:


Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye 1969 with Lyrics
BatyaArtist

There are different rhythms to these na na na na choruses. The rhythm in Hotstepper is unique, it is more like na na na ni na na na ni na. I didn't hear it in any of the other tunes. It sounds very familiar, I am sure I have heard it somewhere else before, but I cannot place it.


No comments: