Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 24, 2022

Smell Training

Big Nose

Liz Hinds has a post up about her olfactory abilities, or lack thereof. My nose doesn't work too well. I used to get sinus infections annually and some of them were pretty bad. One went on for so long that I got double vision. I suspect something in my head swole up and was pushing on my eyeball. It went on for so long that I got a pair of glasses made to correct it. After a while (six months maybe?) it went away and my vision returned to normal.

Anyway, somewhere along the way I seem to have lost my sense of smell. My wife will notice an odor and tell me about it, but I will smell nothing. I do pick up faint whiffs of odd things occasionally, so my nose isn't completely dead.

But that whole sense of smell never seemed that important to me and there aren't any smells I particularly miss. Some things smell better than others, but I don't get any particular enjoyment out of them. I can still smell smoke, which is good. Probably a very primitive survival instinct which may be why I haven't lost that ability.

I kind of wonder if smell training would help me, but I already have several regimens that I fail to keep up with. Don't really need another one.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loss pf sense of smell can be a sxmptom

Anonymous said...

Of covid.