Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Horses


Lighthouse & Avery Glynn winning 5,000 Derby at Sonoma Horse Park
Avery Glynn

California Bob's daughter competed in the Sonoma Horse Park Summer Solstice. I suspect the course she was competing on was similar to the one in the video, though the jumps might have been a little lower. Bob tells us her jumps were 18 inches, the ones in the video look more like two feet.

I've only ridden well trained trail horses, so I don't know how much skill is involved. Oh, wait, I did get bucked off a horse once when we rode over a creek and the animal shied from a hole in the road, a hole through which you could see the water running underneath. So I'm not that skilled.

Watching cowboys and indians deftly maneuver on horses in the movies kind of glosses over the skill and practice involved. Watched a Nigerian movie recently with horses and we saw a very different level of skill exhibited. Both the riders and horses looked clumsy.

There are seven million horses in the USA. I think horses are hard coded into our brains.


No comments: