Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 24, 2022

Some American Fighter Aircraft

From top to bottom: F-15 Eagle, T-33 Shooting Star and P-51 Mustang
flying by Mt. Hood

Looking at this picture I immediately identified the P-51 and the F-15. I saw the one in the middle and said 'Starfire', but that's not quite right. The F-94 Starfire was developed from the T-33, but can be distinguished by the longer nose.

F-94 Starfire

The F-15 Eagle and the F-14 Tomcat are similar aircraft. Both carry two people, have two engines and twin vertical tales. The F-14 has variable swept wings. You can't really see them in this picture, so I don't know how I know it's an F-15. Maybe I've just seen enough of them that I can instinctively tell.

F-14 Tomcat

1 comment:

judgeroybean said...

Chuck, easy way to tell the difference between an F-14 and an F-15: If most of them are flying it's an F-15. If most of them are in the hangar it's an F-14.