Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Wildlife

I just caught a glimpse of a some big bird flying by. He was maybe a hundred feet away and partially obscured by the trees. He wouldn't have been visible in midsummer but the trees have lost some of their leaves so he was visible. I think it was a heron.

We hear owls on occasion. We see them rarely. Coyotes show up occasionally. We'll hear a chorus of them sometimes. We'll hear them for a week or two and then they move on. A month or two later and they'll be back. Squirrels are pervasive. Racoons show up fairly often.

I really like this. It's kind of weird since I spend all my time surfing the internet and hacking away on my computer. You might think I wouldn't need this exposure to wildlife, but I think if I moved closer into the big city I would miss it.


No comments: