Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 30, 2023

1712 Poltava

Putin reviews the fleet on Navy Day

I'm watching a video on RT and Putin cruises by a big, old square-rigged sailing ship. I am a sucker for such ships, so I go digging around and find that the ship is the Poltava, a replica of a ship built by Peter the Great in 1712. The replica was launched in 2018.

Elaborate Stern

If you are going to talk about old sailing ships, you really need a picture of the ship with all sails set,  bowling along through the raging sea. I go looking. I find all kinds of pictures of the ship, but they are mostly just pictures of the ship sitting in the harbor with no sails showing at all. But I did find some others.

Launch

Monument

Digital Model

All Sails Set


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

When I see pictures of ships like the Picton Castle, Coast Guard Cutter Eagle, or Danmark under full sail, I always marvel they don’t blow over.