Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Boxes

30 year old cardboard box full of stuff

My wife wanted to take down some hooks in the bathroom so I gave her a screwdriver. She takes down the hooks, but then she pulls out the toilet paper holder and she notices something blue inside the wall. She drops the screwdriver on its head and the black button on the end of the handle pops out. She puts the button back in, but then she notices the spring that came out with the button. She brings this to me out on the patio. I set about trying to take the button mechanism apart so as to reinsert the spring. I am having no luck, the booger does not want to come out. So I unscrew the whole mechanism from the handle. Now I am able to disassemble the whole thing and restore the spring. However, in all the fussing and fighting I have managed to lose the tiny bits of the actual switch, so while the button is now spring loaded, the switch is gone. It was a stupid idea anyway. It has two LED lights shining along the shaft which are great, but it uses tiny AAA batteries instead of the more gooder AA batteries. Triple A's are only good for things that use a very tiny amount of power. Or maybe for things you hardly ever use. Except batteries still go dead and leak if they are forgotten for a very long time. I might have had better luck just dropping the screwdriver on the ground, but my mind doesn't work like that.

Magic Screwdriver

The screwdriver is reassembled, the light doesn't work, but it didn't work before because there were no batteries in it, so no real change. Now my wife tells me about the blue thing in the wall, so I go upstairs upstairs to take a look. There is something in there, what is it? A crumpled up cardboard box. I take it back downstairs to show my wife. Then I look at the pile of tools and what not I have dragged out to work on the flashlight and I think maybe this box can be used to carry all this back into the house, and it does.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

You get the recycler of the month award.
Congratulations!