Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Sailboat Rescue

Sailing vessel Götheborg of Sweden approaches disabled sailboat off the coast of Brittany

Not something you see everyday. A sailboat lost its rudder 50 miles off the coast of Brittany (France) and called for help. The nearest ship was the Götheborg of Sweden, a replica of a 18th Century Swedish East Indiaman. The replica vessel was launched in 2003.

Götheborg of Sweden

That's a big ship.

Via A Song of Joy


1 comment:

Chris said...

I have done some blue water sailing in the Pacific, and I can assure you that, if I saw that boat coming over the horizon, I would probably faint. I have encountered much smaller replicas in Puget Sound amd Georgia Strait: Hawaiian Chieftain and Lady Washington and they weren't scary, but definetely strange. I have spoken with the crew of Hawaiian Chieftain on the radio, near Orcas Island in Washington State. Nice people. Great sailing locale. https://historicalseaport.org/.