Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Oxycodone

It's been five days since I've had a shower and my wife tells me I'm getting a little ripe, so we're going to try and get rid of some of the stink this afternoon. I've had very little energy which is not surprising given the second round of surgery, but I also haven't been getting much sleep. Pain is negligible, but sleep is elusive. Two nights I tried going without an oxycodone, but it didn't work. I finally gave up around 3 AM and took one of these prescription opioids. That allowed me to sleep but I wonder what's going on. Am I getting hooked on this stuff? Insidious is what it is.

I suppose I'll need to keep taking it until my hip has healed properly just so I can get enough sleep. Then maybe I'll be able to tolerate going without sleep for a couple of days until I relearn how to sleep without it.


2 comments:

Ole phat Stu said...

I took Tilidin, an opoid, for a month then had to back out slowly, reducing the dose week by week for a month. Just dont stop suddenly.

Anonymous said...

Ask for tramadol. Less powerful than the oxy. I took that for hip surgery last November.