Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Morning Holler

My wife and I worked the early service at church this morning. On the way there I was telling her about something and, as so often happens, we got our wires crossed. I got frustrated and yelled my story at her.

We are almost polar opposites on the personality scale. My wife is very outgoing, quiet and polite. I imagine it is partly due to her nature and partly due to her upbringing. I am more reserved but noisy and brash, though I do my best to try and mind my manners.

I like to think I know the difference between polite conversation, speaking forcefully, yelling, and losing my temper. But maybe not. My wife often accuses me of yelling when I think I merely expressing my opinion. I know when I lose my temper and start screaming. But in between the extremes my judgement may be a bit off.

This morning on our way to church when I started yelling, I realized I was yelling. That was the first time that has happened, realized I was yelling that is. I cannot vouch for previous episodes of yelling because either: a) I never realized I was yelling, or b) I wasn't yelling.

So today I learned that at least sometimes I do yell. Have to keep a eye on that.

Update October 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: