Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Google, HTML & Blogger

Blogger has a very small window for composing text. If I am writing a long story, trying to work in this small window is trying. Google also offers an on-line word processor, nothing fancy, just a step above a text editor, but it works pretty well. Most importantly it gives you a big window to work with. For my last post about the murder mystery, I did most of my work over there, then copied and pasted it into the blogger text window. However, one thing did not get copied over. Using the word processor, I had indented the first line of each quoted paragraph using the tab key. When I copied it over to blogger, this indenting disappeared.

When I looked at the html using Blogger, I discovered some strange html that looked like this (substituting square brackets for angled ones, so you can see them here):
[span class="addmd"]
This class apparently has something to do with whatever program is displaying the page. Google's word processor knows what it means, but Google's Blogger doesn't.

Why isn't indenting a standard html function?

And why does Blogger indent the title and the first line of every article, and only the first line? That might be a function of the template I'm using, but still.

No comments: