Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Concealed Carry Purse

My friend Jack showed me his cell phone last week. The screen was all scratched up from riding in his pocket with his keys. I got a digital camera last Christmas, and it caused me a bit of a problem trying to decide where to carry it. I wanted to carry it in a pocket so it would always be handy. If it isn't handy there are a lot of shots that are not going to be taken. But all my pockets were already carrying things: keys in my right front, handkerchief in my right hip pocket (my nose is sporadically inclined to attacks of hay fever), wallet in the left rear and pocket knife in the left front. Putting the camera in pocket with anything metal, like my keys or knife, guarantees that it is going to get nicked and scratched. The lens is not a problem, it retracts and has a built in cover, but it also has this screen on the back, and it will suffer.

I settle on having my knife and keys in the same pocket, and the camera gets a pocket all to itself. This makes the access to my knife and keys a little more awkward, but not much, and the camera is reasonably safe and easy to reach.

So I am thinking about this and my mind wanders as it often does, and I start wondering about handguns and how I could carry it. If I was going to carry a handgun, I would want a pocket pistol, but I have already run out of pockets, so I might need a vest or jacket to get some more pockets. Or I would have to give up my camera. Bah.

But what about women? Women seem to prefer purses to pockets, so maybe what we need is a purse with a built in holster, a concealed carry purse, as it were. Then I thought I'll bet somebody has already thought of it, and sure enough Google found a whole bunch. So much for that bright idea.

No comments: