Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Physiology Coloring Book


Diligent daughter is taking biology this semester, so I got out my coloring book to try and brush up on the subject. I bought it several years ago, I think I was trying to sort out metabolism. I colored the first page using felt tip pens, which is what they recommend. That worked well for that drawing, but they bled through the page and made the following page durn near unreadable. That's as far as I got back then. This time I used colored pencils on the 2nd page. They don't bleed through, but they emboss the page and the page below. I think I am going to have to Xerox either the drawings or the text before I do any more coloring.

The big issue in biology this week was polar versus non-polar molecules, which is clear enough in the examples, but sort of gets lost in the murk of the real world. Fatty acids, for instance, are long, chain like molecules and are apparently polar at one end, but because they are so long, and the long part is non-polar, they are essentially non-polar molecules, even though they are polar. Got that?

Update October 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: