Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 8, 2010

Wing suit demo by Jeb Corliss


Jeb Corliss wing-suit demo
from Jeb Corliss on Vimeo.

Digital daughter sent me the original link on Wimp.com. They don't support embedded video, so I tried some other sites. YouTube sticks advertising on it. LiveLeak cuts the sides off on the embedded version. Vimeo wins.

At the very beginning, up to about 15 seconds, there is a very faint smoke trail coming in from the upper right corner, above the mountain. Then it appears to disappear behind the mountain. Around the 35 second mark I see something appear in the lower right quadrant, dropping and then shooting across the screen. At first I thought they were unrelated, but then I put it in full screen mode and I saw that both trails were part of the same flight. I was able to track him zig-zagging down the face of the mountain, well, except for a couple of spots where he disappears in front of a patch of snow.

Update February 2017 replaced missing video.

2 comments:

Lloyd T. said...

I read an article about his guy. problem is, his glide is about 1 to 3, drops a foot for every 3 feet forward. Not much better than a sky diver. Also, he needs to pop a chute to land, so they don't show the landing in the video. This "flight" must have taken days or weeks to plan, had to follow terrain that drops at least as fast as he does. Still, pretty cool and scary.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I'm surprised he get's that far. I would have expected it to be the other way: 3 feet of drop for every foot sideways.