Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 8, 2010

Eureka!

I finally figured out why I write this blog. My wife has been accusing me of being ADD, and in some sense she's right. Lots of things catch my interest, but few manage to hold it. I suspect I am happiest when I am figuring out how to make something work, that's probably why I worked as mechanic for as long as I did. I stayed in a job as long as I was learning something. As soon as it became routine, and/or I had saved up a couple of bucks, I was on my way down the road.

Computers kept me interested and paid good money for quite a while. But eventually my lack of people skills (spelled patience) put an end to that.

This blog lets me create things and put them on display all in one fell swoop. I like the creating part, and occasionally I hear from people that they like this blog. Best of all I don't have to pay attention to anything any longer than I want to. I'm not getting paid for any of this, so there's no reason to.

The flip side is that when something does capture my attention, everything else falls by the wayside. Telephones can ring, day can turn to night, meals may come and go, people will stop by the house and I will be oblivious to it all, absorbed as I am in the hot topic of the moment.

No comments: