Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Guardian


June 21st, 2013. London offices of The Guardian:
According to Rusbridger [editor of The Guardian], Heywood [Secretary to the Prime Minister] told him, in a steely voice, “The Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Foreign Secretary, the Attorney General, and others in government are extremely concerned about what you’re doing.” - Ken Auletta writing in The New Yorker 
They are talking about publishing secret stuff provided by Edward Snowden. The story repeatedly refers to The Guardian as a liberal paper, but I never noticed, probably because I am half hippy myself. (Or is that half anarchist? Ever notice how the two words Anarchist and Antichrist are almost identical?). Remember, Britain does not have our first amendment protections, if the government wants to gag you, they can. 'Course those liberal rags like The Guardian would scream bloody murder until they were gagged on that subject as well. At some point Rusbridger flew to New York. If I was bloody minded I would say he fled the country to avoid prosecution, but as I am not I will say he followed a wise and prudent course of action. Don't know when he actually went. I think I would have had a flight booked and a car waiting to take me to the airport when I gave the order to publish, but then I'm not the editor of the only free newspaper in the world.
    The Guardian has a trust fund behind it, which enables it take unpopular stances, at least occasionally. But even the trust has limits, so they are concentrating on the internet.

Via Thomas, unknown collaborator of Detroit Steve.

No comments: