Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, November 11, 2013

Gunny Writes


He is the very model of a modern Major General ... oh, wait, no, that's somebody else. R. Lee Ermey (that's Er-may, not Emery like I thought it was for like forever) has got to be our archtype of the hard ass marine drill instructor. I got an email today from an Erin Haft asking me to do a post on this book and I thought cool, Gunny wrote a book. Well, that was my first thought. My second thought was, hey, wait a minute, Gunny knows how to write? Ha, ha, ha. Very funny dirt bag. Give me ten you squirmy little toad.
    I've seen a couple of episodes of his TV shows and they are always fun. This one in particular stuck with me:


M16 v AK47
BigBawz VR Racing

Posthip Scott sent me a Veteran's Day link about movie stars who were in the armed forces.


Don Adams of Get Smart fame was also a marine drill Sargent.

Update March 2021 replaced missing video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the barrel of the AK during the slow mo seen? It's a wet noodle. Cool.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I think the "wet noodle" behavior is the same rolling shutter phenomena that turns airplane propellers into magical flying sabers.