Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Khyber Pass cylinder repair


Khyber Pass cylinder repair
AvE

It's not really a Khyber Pass repair. For that you want to watch videos from the Pakistani truck channel. For some reason I think AvE is somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, but I could be completely wrong. He might be Alabama for all I know. Also, I don't know if Loctite has penetrated the Pakistani market. 

I've never seen anyone splice an O-ring. I didn't even know it was a possibility. Loctite is some pretty amazing stuff. How did he know the gland nut was tight? I suppose if it moves when you hit it with hammer and chisel, it's not tight. If it stops moving, it's tight. I mean, what else can you do? Of course you need to be hitting it hard enough to do the job. I think that only comes from experience.


4 comments:

David said...

British Columbia.

"Skookum" kind of gives it away.

xoxoxoBruce said...

Interesting conundrum, I’ve faced it myself. For someone else, paying customer or not, I do the very best I can. Fixing my own stuff, what’s good enough? There is always extenuating circumstances to consider. Are those circumstances just stuff I’m using to be lazy or legitimate reasons to just get it running and go have a beer?

Chris said...

This guy is so-o-o-o Canadian. He sounds like my uncles from the Ottawa Valley. Or, maybe the Mackenzie brothers.

Chuck Pergiel said...

As I recall, the Mackenzie brothers were all about beer, weren't they?