Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Reading and Thinking

Espetinho Do Ze Filho

Detroit Steve sent me this link: The 4 Reading Levels: Different Ways To Read Different Books. I have gotten more particular about what I read these days, mostly because I seldom have the time and the energy at the same time, to read like I want to, which is to become totally immersed in the story.

Steve's email reminded me I wanted to say something about the being tired. What I can do depends on how tired I am. Here's a first shot at a scale.

0 - Nothing, I am asleep.

1 - Dead tired, but I can sit up and watch TV, though I will probably fall asleep.

2 - Tired. Walking is possible, though navigation might be tricky.

. . .

5, or there abouts - I can do stuff I have done before, wash dishes, change a tire, eat dinner.

. . .

9 - Able to write a coherent blog post or a simple computer program

10 - Peak mental capacity, able to find and fix obscure problems in complicated computer programs.

11 - Sound asleep, sorting out conflicting requirements.


2 comments:

Ole phat stu said...

This one (me) goes to 11.

xoxoxoBruce said...

You've been hitting a reasonable amount of 9s because you've kept this blog coherent. Kudos.