Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, November 26, 2021

Air-to-Air Photography

Mummies photographing a DHL Boeing 757-200

Mostly I don't concern myself with how a photographer gets a picture of an airplane, but sometimes I do. A closeup photo taken when the plane is in flight, at high altitude, those kind of get my attention. Photos like that take certain amount of work. This is the first photo I have seen of that work in progress.

That's what Dietmar Schreiber does. His web site (airtoair.at) is full of airplane photos. This photo looks like it was taken from a helicopter, and since he has so many photos of this plane, it had to have been specially arranged. I suspect the jetliner was flying slowly, like 200 MPH, that would allow it to turn around and make several passes so the 100 MPH helicopter could stay within photo distance.


2 comments:

Pops said...

You can see the wing of the photographer's plane....

Chuck Pergiel said...

Flight Aware comments agree with you, "most likely a jump/skydiving plane, probably a Caravan or Twin Otter."
I'm not convinced, the 'wing' could be a tail plane on a copter, though the angle would have to be weird to see it like that.