Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Elegant Tape, Practical Tape

Paris Shop Window WW2

From Flares Into Darkness:

During WWI Parisians were worried that their city might come under German bombardment or air attack. Shop owners and businesses, to minimize the danger of shattered glass, taped their windows. While the taping started out utilitarian, eventually the taping deigns became more elaborate and artistic.

These images are taken from the La boite verte post Les élégantes protections anti-bombardements des vitrines de Paris en 14-18. There are more examples at that link.  

I'm a great believer in tape. I recently got fed up with not having any tape (evidently I had used up every kind of tape I had on hand, except Scotch tape), so I dialed up Amazon and ordered a bunch. I ordered packs of electrical, package, masking, duck and gaffers tape. I got too much of some, like electrical tape and packing tape, but when one roll costs $4 and ten rolls costs $8, you can see how that happened. I only got one roll of gaffer's tape because the stuff is expensive. It's supposed to better than duck / duct tape cause it doesn't leave any adhesive residue on the surface when it's pulled off, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

No comments: