Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, November 15, 2021

The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom Tollbooth

I read The Phantom Tollbooth when I was a kid. I don't remember much about it, but there was one incident in the book that has stuck with me. Our hero, a boy, encounters a man who puts him to work moving a large pile of sand using a teaspoon or a pair of tweezers or some other ridiculous implement. Our hero applies himself to this task for a while but soon realizes "this is stupid" and desists. Something happened the other day which reminded me of this, and just now I read a post on The Shekel that did the same. I should probably get a copy of the book and read it again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's one of those books often recommended but which you forget about after a fortnight :-(