Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Bluetooth to FM Transmitter

Arsvita Bluetooth FM Transmitter

Since I have been using YouTube to listen to music, listening to the radio in my car has become frustrating. My new truck has a mini-phone jack, so I can connect my smartphone, pull up the YouTube app and listen to what I want without having to listen to any ads. It does take a minute to get everything set up and working before I drive off, but I am willing to put up with this minor inconvenience to not have to listen to yammering jackasses.

That's great for me, who's got a newish truck with a phono jack, but what if you're driving a 1974 Volvo and you don't want to spend a chunk of cash for a fancy-schmantcy new radio? You buy one of these Bluetooth to FM transmitters, Amazon has got a zillion of them. (I don't know if the one shown above is any good, I haven't tried it, I just like the way it looks.) You plug it into your cigarette lighter, it makes a Bluetooth connection to your phone, and then broadcasts the received audio on the FM band where your car radio can pick it up. Slicker than snot.

I just heard about this at lunch today. I might have to get one for my wife whose car is just old enough to have missed the great electronics revolution.


1 comment:

G706 said...

I have one, it's called a Victsing. Works for me. I have it in my office and can listen to the radio in the shop 60 feet from the transmitter.