Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 13, 2023

Sausages

Baked Sausage

I like to eat but I am not interested in cooking and I really don't like cleaning up. Today I put two and two together and baked a dozen pork sausage patties in the oven. My wife has been using this technique to cook chicken and vegetables for a while now, but she has an aversion to any kind of real meat. I suspect it's due to years of being exposed to years of fascist propaganda about how fat was bad for you. Turned out great and clean up was minimal. I baked the sausage on a baking tray (cookie sheet?) covered with parchment paper. 20 minutes on one side and 10 minutes on the other at 400 degrees. After the sausages have cooled for a bit, I scooped them up with a spatula and moved them to a plate. Folded up the paper and threw it in the trash. Wiped off the baking tray with a paper towel and put it away.

I used to get big tubes of Jimmy Dean sausage, but cutting those up into a patties was a messy chore. I tried Jimmy Dean frozen, pre-cooked sausage, but they never tasted quite right.  Now we flat packs of fresh sausage patties from Fred Meyer. They are cheap, easy to handle and they taste great.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I knew a girl in MA out on Cape Cod who would make a big breakfast for family and friends on Christmas and Easter. She enjoyed doing it and got pretty good at the timing which can be tough with breakfast food. The one thing she hated was bacon, time consuming and messy as well as dangerous if you're not paying attention. I saw a thing on the net about doing bacon in the oven like you did with the sausage. She tried it and never looked back.