Pimps of war: Neocons who fueled 20 years of carnage in the Middle East are back for more by Chris Hedges is unhappy with the US government. He names those at the top who are most responsible for our idiotic foreign policy:
The Biden administration is filled with these ignoramuses, including Joe Biden. Victoria Nuland, the wife of Robert Kagan, serves as Biden's undersecretary of state for political affairs. Antony Blinken is secretary of state. Jake Sullivan is national security adviser. They come from this cabal of moral and intellectual trolls that includes Kimberly Kagan, the wife of Fred Kagan, who founded the Institute for the Study of War, William Kristol, Max Boot, John Podhoretz, Gary Schmitt, Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, David Frum and others. Many were once staunch Republicans or, like Nuland, served in Republican and Democratic administrations. Nuland was the principal deputy foreign policy adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney.
That's a bunch of names. Let's break it down. First we have the top dogs:
- Joe Biden
- Antony Blinken, Secretary of State.
- Jake Sullivan, National Security Adviser.
Then we have the Kagans, a whole bunch of Kagans:
- Victoria Nuland, Undersecretary of State, is wife of
- Robert Kagan is a co-founder of the Project for the New American Century and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.
- Kimberly Kagan founded the Institute for the Study of War, is the wife of
- Fred Kagan is an American resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and a former professor at West Point.
- Gary Schmitt is a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute
Now we have some writers:
- William Kristol is an American neoconservative writer. A frequent commentator on several networks including CNN, he was the founder of The Weekly Standard. Kristol is now editor-at-large of the center-right publication The Bulwark.
- Max Boot is a Washington Post columnist
- John Podhoretz is the editor of Commentary magazine
Lastly we have advisors to former Presidents:
- Richard Perle served as Assistant Secretary of Defense under President Ronald Reagan.
- Douglas Feith served as Under Secretary of Defense under President George W. Bush
- David Frum is a political commentator and a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, and is currently a senior editor at The Atlantic.
I got started with another article by Chris Hedges: Ukraine: The War That Went Wrong. I didn't finish reading that one, I need to go eat breakfast.
Biden, Blinken, Sullivan, and Nuland, are the only ones actually in the government.
Do I have that right?
I guess the rest would be termed “influencers” these days.
"Influencers" with bad track records.
Dogs of war and men of hate.
Don't forget Mike Pompeo.....
Post a Comment