Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 6, 2023

Spaceship Design


Why the ISV Venture Star is a Brilliant Design
Spacedock

I spend some time thinking about this, so I pleased to see that other people are thinking about it as well. The only thing I don't like is the way the thrusters are angled slightly outward to clear stuff attached to the habitat. Besides being slightly inefficient, it requires that both thrusters operate. I thought the whole point of having two engines was to be able to carry on if one fails. Angled like this means running on one thruster would not work. Better to construct the habitable portion of the ship as a large ring and send the exhaust plume through the center.

I saw Avatar when it came out, but I didn't pay much attention to the space ship. I was more interested in the warriors. Now that I think about it, Avatar and The Peripheral both have people remotely operating other bodies. I used to discount this kind of thing as pure fantasy, but with the way technology is expanding some version of it might be possible in the not too distant future.


No comments: