Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Curses, foiled again

It's not like I don't have enough to do, but I had to start playing with ncurses, a computer programming library that enables doing crude, text based graphics in a terminal window. I did something and now my cursor keys are behaving erratically and capital-h and control-h don't work. I am going to try and find a solution, but I suspect I will have to reboot to clear things up. I am reluctant to do that because I've had a stupid recursion demo running in another terminal window for about a week and it would be a shame to shut it down when it is so close to finishing. Yeah, right, it's probably going to take a couple of months to finish and we'll probably have a power failure before then.

No comments: