Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Control-Z - Netflix Series


Control Z | Official Trailer | Netflix
Netflix

It looks to be a terrible show but it has turned out to be pretty good. It's set in a high school and shows about teenagers inevitably seem to show them as idiots. But this is show is pretty well done, it treats them as actual people. They do some stupid stuff, but the show doesn't dwell on it nor does it eat up screen time with drama queen performances. Our lead character is pretty savvy, so that helps. 

It's set at the National High School in Mexico City, so we're looking at upper class kids who live in their smartphones. I don't understand this compulsive need for constant messaging, but then I'm old. Actually, I don't think I would understand it even if I was young. There just never were that many people I wanted to talk to. But I understand that for many people constant contact with others is apparently the only thing holding them up.

Apparently, everyone at the school has a secret, or a secret fear, and some scoundrel has hacked into the school's network via their wifi portal and found them out and is now compelling people to do all kinds of stuff in order to keep their secrets secret. Naturally, our girl has decided to unmask the villain.

Our girl is a cute, smart, strong willed, petite brunette. Reminds me of Jessica Jones and Wednesday Addams, both characters I liked.

Note about the title - there are several key combinations that every computer keyboardist might be familiar with:
  • Control-B turns toggles boldface on and off
  • Control-C copies highlighted text to the (invisible) clipboard
  • Control-V pastes the contents of the clipboard into your document
  • Control-Z undoes whatever you just did
Just to be difficult, in a Linux Terminal window, Control-C kills whatever program you are currently running. Copy and Paste are done with a right-click of the mouse. I am sure there are others, but I these are the ones I use. And, oh yes, Control-N opens a new window of the browser. I never use it deliberately, but I sometimes hit it by accident while trying to type Control-B and it always flummoxes me. A new window pops up and I go Whoa! what just happened?


No comments: