Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 28, 2024

Interest Rates

Interest Rates

Stopped by CarMax the other day to see what they would give me for my truck. They needed half an hour to inspect it and come up with an estimate, so IAman and I wandered around their lot just to see what the automotive market looks like. I'm see this window sticker and notice the little box (above) that shows the range of interest rates that are out there. They range from 9% to 23%. 9% sounds marginal with the way inflation is running, but maybe the lenders have a connection to the supply of funny money coming out of Washington D. C. and they don't care if they are making a real profit or not.

Anyway, they offered me $13,000 for my truck that I bought for $25K two and a half years ago. I think I'm going to try and sell it myself, it's not like I'm in a hurry or anything.


No comments: